Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Death Anniversary - Why remember?

It was the night of July 22, 1996. I cannot forget that night. It was Thursday. Yes! That is for sure. I was deep asleep when my mom marched inside my room, woke me up saying, "Watch your little brother for me.. There somewhere I have to go.." 

It is not usual for a relative who lives a kilometer away from us to knock, calling my mom's name in the middle of the night. It is more unusual for my mom to wake me up in the middle of the night to watch for my brother who at that time was just 11 month old. It is most unusual for a mom who should be thinking that we, her children, have a class the next day to go out late in the evening without any occasion.

Yes. My memory of that night is still vivid. 
That was the day I lost my father without even knowing it. 

It was a day of agony. 
It was a day of misery. 
It was a day of distress. 
It was a day I cannot forget. 
It was a day that I felt nothing. 
It was a day when my heart was in full torture.
It was a day I look everywhere and remember my dad. 
It was a day when my Knight in Shining Armor lost his brilliance. 
It was a day where I shed tears not because I was hurt, but because I was left behind.
It was a day not worth remembering because of the pain, but it was a day I grew strong. 
It was a BLACK day. 
It was a BLACK day. 
It was a BLACK day. 
It was a BLACK day. 
It was a BLACK day. 
It was a BLACK day. 
It was a BLACK day. 
 
;