Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I won't last a day without you..

"When there's no getting over that rainbow.. When my smallest of dreams won't come true. I can't take all the madness, the world has to give but I won't last a day without you.."


I still remember me and my mom sing this song in the kitchen. It was when things were so simple and we were trying to sew down our relationship that was broken in the past. I was the time when we were celebrating and starting a life anew with everything that was left of us.. It was a time when problems just swept away with laughter and a song.

My mom's presence was never ignored. She kept doing things that are sometimes unessential but believes to make sense. Me and my brothers won't last a day without asking mama our things. From the start of the day, asking where our uniform is, asking what's for breakfast, asking for "baon" until we left from school. Then again ask what's for lunch, dinner and answers for assignments..


She keeps getting nervous for small little things. She's nervous turning on the computer, nervous opening the cellphone and she's afraid travelling alone. My mom's naive. Funny thing is, I didn't grow up to be like her. 


During the times that she's silent, I'm loud. When she's damsel in distress, I'm her knight in shining armor. My mom hates argument. I love one. 


I don't wonder why my friends, my brother's friends love her. She's so hospitable to treat everyone like her child. I remember several boys running away from home and find theirs in ours. Soon, their parents will come and talk to my mother asking if the boys are safe and if they can stay for a day or two. 


Memories like these are  so vivid that I still can't get them off my mind. 


Similar to that, I also won't be able to forget how her sister tricked her by living inside our own house and claiming it for her own. I still can remember how her other brothers and sisters won't come forward to help her and to get everything straightened out. Only one of her sisters stand out for her. 


She has a lot of friends. And that's how we, me and my brothers survived.


Sometimes I still stop and pause thinking everything should have been easier if she's still alive. 


Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there.. 
 
;