Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Celebration to LIFE

Life loves playing tricks.. One time you're happy next you're sad. Right now, I feel both emotions at the same time.



I'm happy to finally meet the newest member of the family. My brother's second child. Came out yesterday. Certainly a fighter at his young age. Her mom got measles on her first trimester of pregnancy, lost 8 liters of water in the womb before he came out, pooped inside her mom's womb and was a week overdue. Happy to see though that amidst all that, he was a healthy bouncing baby boy.
On the other hand, it is so depressing to know that a young lady, one of my childhood friends finally gave up life and passed away. We've been together for 25 years. Her parents and my parents were best of friends. Her sister and I were also best-friends.
It really is painful to know that after whatever you're going through and whenever you feel everything is going to be alright, here comes death. He will come like a thief.Well, he is after all a thief.
He steals every chance, every happy moment, every repentance, dreams, and life long goals.
From the death of my brother, my dad, my kuya Jonard, my mom, recently my grandma, and now my friend. Death doesn't sting me anymore. I stood up from the depression he gave. Faced the chaos, moved on and fought every battle. Death would never won over me. I've stumbled on his palms several times. He took the people to whom I gain strength. I may encounter more, but I'll continue to face my battle.

From here, I celebrate LIFE.
 
;