Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Back to Saint Louis High School Philex

It has been more than a decade when we stepped out of high school. Most of us would agree that this is the best part of being a teenager. In college, I was one of the students who's very vocal about missing the part of my life when I was in high school. Most of us are. Especially, after the most awaited march, we talked about plans in college, what school and course to take.

This is the part of life where memories flood. Bullies, friends, competitors, jokers, crushes, snobs, cleaners, late comers, love life, cheaters, red marks, reports, intramurals, cheering, parades, sports fest, etc. You name it.

My high school teachers are the people I look up to the most. They taught me a lot of things, inspire me, help me to excel and impart that life has a lot to offer if you could maximize your skills.

Thanks to social networking.. Friendster, Yahoo personals, Multiply, Linked, Tagged, Google Plus, Myspace, and now the famous Facebook.

From here, wherever we are, I was able to get in touch with people from high school wherever they are in the world. From here, we keep in touch and from here, it has been easier to plan activities and get together.

Our batch, Saint Louis High School Philex '99 is a batch of the most rowdy students. Bullies, that even teachers was not able to escape. I remember several teachers crying because of raucous attitude towards them. Our greatest asset however I can say is our teamwork. You know what I mean.

Though most from our batch are now living their, I say, most sought life, still others stay single. Majority married during their late 20's. Those who got married earlier were, in my own opinion, not able to cope up with quarter life crisis.

Within our groups, I didn't fail to notice a post about being single. Am not being harsh. To tell you honestly, most of the good looking gentleman came from our batch were not yet taken. I can't help but to smile. I can hardly imagine these people being single when they're the "Most sought of Bachelors" from our batch.



As I was reading "A weekend with Mr. Darcy" by Victoria Connelly, I just can't help but wander, Had Mr. Darcy overlooked Elizabeth? Maybe Mr. Bingley never made the effort to fish for Jane's heart. Or maybe Cinderella was never found when she left her slippers after midnight. Perhaps Prince Charming was not aware that Sleeping Beauty was asleep. Probably Snowhite married one of the seven dwarfs after all.

Nonetheless, I just hope for a -happily ever after- ending for all of us..
 
;