Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Unevitable

A bad news, always a bad news no matter how simple or emphatic you really mean. Still a bad news.


Couple of weeks ago, a friend from elementary and high school, two years younger than me, passed away. He's too young but no days were never added to his life.


He was one of my colleagues in high school who had the patience to teach me the art of arnis.


Earlier at the office, one of my friends received a text message saying "to all friends of my brother, he passed away".


Wouldn't you be shocked once you be given such news? Well, every news about someone passing away is always shocking unless his life is exactly lived to the very minute that he won't draw a last breath.


He was a friend who recently resigned. Jolly, friendly and talkative. I remember confiding to him and he never fails to make me smile. I remember being hungry one time and he has all his grocery stuff inside his locker. Easy food access.


"While we are mourning for the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him beyond the veil." -John Taylor-


Rest in peace Rommel Plamio and Carl Michael Catacutan. Though the end of your journey is unforeseen, I know in one way or another you've touched lives along the way. Say hi to mom and dad for me. 


"A human life is a story told by God." 
- Hans Christian Andersen
 
;