Sunday, June 24, 2012

Goodbye Lola Dwarda.. :(







Dear Lola Dwarda,

I always taught you as a strong woman. From stories handed from your children to our generation and the next, I have never met anyone as strong and courageous as you in my entire life. The manner you handled matters made me wonder how you manage to do such.



You don’t know part of yourself but you manage to raise my mom and her siblings. You managed to be strong and tough. 

I’m not sure that you know just how much you’ve meant to me and how much I love you. You always scold me but every time you do that I know you are always by my side. 

You were one of the strongest people I know. You have dealt with much emotional and physical pain over the years, yet you never wanted to be a bother to anyone. This I think was part stubbornness, which I got from you, and part selflessness.

Some of my most vivid childhood memories are of times spent with you. The time you won’t allow me to go to school because the sun is not yet up though I’m already late, my science project which made my Grade 3 teacher astonished because it was you who made it, and I remember getting an A+ on that – that was the onion project- and the times that you dig up the lower part of the house in Philex at the time of its construction which is why instead of a little bungalow, we enjoyed a 2 storey house in its place. I always laugh every instance I remember that. 

Lola, you were always trying to give me something, money, food, advice, but you've given me much more than you know. You’ve given me someone who I know I can trust; someone who always loves me no matter what, someone who was always proud of me. You gave me mom and you gave me part of myself.

I am proud of you, lola, for being the person you were. For being strong, for being the head of our family for so long, and for making me laugh. You may seem inconsiderate and too strict at times but those are the memories that me and my cousins lived by. 

Though I prayed for a better health for you, God answered my prayer by hugging you in His arms for the better. Just like what He did to mom. 

Thank you for all the beautiful memories. Thank you for being part of my existence. I love you and I will miss you.
 
;