Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Memory That Hurts Too Bad


June 17, 201 is celebrated as Father's Day. A special day intended for dad's making it special for them by citing things that they achieved and marks the day when that special man stood up to build a family. A day usually celebrated by greeting and gift giving with a great big hug and a kiss from dad.



The scene's still vivid. It has not surpassed the years to come to fade.


It was Wednesday night, nearly midnight when mom came up to my room and asked me to sleep beside my 11 month old brother. I was 13 years old back then. Around 1AM, I woke up mixing milk for my brother who cried out in the middle of the night. Then, I have no idea where my mom was at that time. I have no idea where my parents are. All I know is that I have to get my brother back to sleep since I have to set off school early that day.


I took a peek at my other brother's room and both are sleeping soundly except for the youngest whom I was dancing to put to sleep.


Around 7 AM that day, soon as I was getting ready for school, my mind's debating if I will go to school or to stay and be absent that day since no one will be left to take care of my youngest brother.


Soon, two of my aunts came knocking at our door telling us not to leave for school but instead there's somewhere else we should go. One of them took my brother from me and told me to change from my school uniform. 


I did immediately as I was told so as my brother who is four years younger than me.


We quickly finished breakfast and off we go to ... I have no idea..


We arrived at the hospital, and went down to the morgue. There goes my mom, no sleep, swollen eyes and my dad laid on a metal bed.


This scene never left.
The memory and the pain inflicted stayed as well. 


Should he still be here, life would be totally different.


I miss you mom and dad. Happy Father's Day.
 
;