Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Independence Day... or Is It?


June 12, 2012 marks the 114th year of Philippine Independence Day.  It's an annual reminder of the day Emilio Aguinaldo proclaim the Philippine's independence from Spain. 
Image
Aside from double-pay, less people along Ayala Avenue, less jeepneys and being a holiday, a flag positioned on a pedestal inside the office were few reminders of such occasion.
I remember my elementary and high school days that aside from the common "no classes", a parade along the street followed by some program activity takes place at the plaza. I missed those activities wherein different areas, division and sector from the community performs simultaneously.
As years past, the tradition faded. Or maybe not. Maybe I was not as active as before. I miss the times  when Happy Independence Day is uttered, it is a time to relax and have fun enjoying the day which marked the end-sacrifice of our national heroes.
And I thank you Google for celebrating with us!
Image
I pray that the next Independence Day will be liberation from country's corrupt bureaucrats, unnecessary impeachment of public officials, and  from POVERTY!
 
;